Thursday, October 7, 2010

Now its time for some lights!


If your doing a reef tank and is going to have sps (hard corals) lighting is going to be one
of the most important things to consider. What type, how many watts, how far from the surface,
the list could go on and on.


Photobucket






After seeing a lot of pictures on the web of tanks lit up with T5's I decided to go with them.

Currently I'm running an IceCap 660 ballast with 3 different ATI bulbs, and 1
Korallen Zucht Fiji Purple.


This is a picture with just the lights before anything went in it



I made the top like this to get good air flow throughout the hood


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


There is not this much blue when you see it in person, I think I took these with my cell phone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

What my I going to do with all those wires!!

Photobucket




The lights over the tank


Photobucket